A happy July 4th to all! Let’s make the summer of 2010 your greatest ever by taking these seven steps to send your personal and professional image soaring and set you on the right foot for Fall 2010!
1. Who are you? Before you decide on the image you want to project, you need to take a look at who you are, what is important to you and how you want to convey these qualities to the outside world. Image is made up of so many elements, and who you are at the core is the most important.
2. Once you have figured out what you want to project to the outside world, one needs to take a look at their personal and professional goals. Where do you want to be in one year? Five years? Ten years? Is your image in line with the vision you have for your future? If not, this new season is the time to begin!
3. Now that you have a clear definition of who you are, where you are going and the image you need to get you there, it is time to assess the closet and see what items you have to get you there. Empty the closet of all the items that aren’t in line with the person you aim to be. Doesn’t fit? Get it out of there. Haven’t worn it in over a year? Give it to someone who will. Looks like a dust rag? Time to use it for just that. Clearing out all of these items will make way for you to be the person you are meant to be!
4. The Basics… Hopefully there are a few staples in your closet that you can build upon. If not, not to worry- this is where the real fun begins! Make a list of the basic wardrobe essentials that will take you to your goals and go shopping. Be sure to take into account the wardrobe hallmarks of the personal/professional places you aspire to, and the fit and colors of clothing that are most flattering to you.
5. Now that the basic blue suit is in your wardrobe, it’s time to be creative. Just because you’re wearing that suit in the boardroom or to court doesn’t mean you cannot incorporate it into your casual wardrobe. Throw that jacket on with a crisp white shirt, a pair of jeans and the latest accessories and you are set for an evening out!
6. Grooming essentials…. A topic so critical to one’s personal and professional success, yet so often overlooked. Take the time to make sure that your hair, skin and hands are neat and well kept. These items are just as important as your wardrobe, and Bucks and Montgomery Counties include some of Pennsylvania’s finest professionals to assist you in these needs. Take the time to pamper yourself.
7. Don’t forget to accessorize! Have you ever walked in a room and noticed someone immediately because of a simple detail? Perhaps it was this year’s must-have statement necklace, a great pair of cuff links, a pocket square, or maybe just a fabulous pair of shoes. Taking the time to accessorize can set you apart from the masses, something we all want to do at one time or another!
Taking these small steps will place you in-line to have a wonderful start to Fall and a path towards achieving whatever is you want to be! As always, if you have questions or wish for assistance in your quest for creating an extraordinary you, please call us at (215)622.4422 or find us on the web at www.reidparkllc.com.